Legislation continues progress in education reform making state more attractive to business
MEMPHIS – Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam today held a ceremonial signing of his charter schools bill, HB 1989/SB 1523 at Freedom Preparatory Academy in Memphis, legislation lifting the cap on the number of charter schools allowed in the state and opening enrollment to more students.
The changes will make charter schools an option
- Haslam Signs Law Lifting Cap On, Opening Enrollment in Charter Schools
- Haslam Signs Bill Offering Lottery Scholarships for Summer Courses
- Video :: Haslam Names Kevin Huffman Education Commissioner
- School groups rally for education funds
- Tax Credit Becomes Law for NC Parents of Pupils with Special Needs